Want to promote your event in the GGA calendar? Add Event
- This event has passed.
Williams Success for Gravel Soils Field Day
14 Sep 2022 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join leading researchers in Williams to learn about cutting edge options for managing gravel soil constraints.
- Challenges of farming white gum gravels
- Crop performance and financial returns from ameliorating gravel soils
- Improving productivity on ironstone gravel soils
- Can soil amelioration improve soilborne disease issues in gravel soils?
- Monitoring soil biological health using free living nematodes
- Post amelioration – what happened to the weed seeds and how do we manage them?
Location: In the field
- How long do the buried seeds last?
- Soilborne diseases and nematode pests common to gravel soils – diagnosis and management
- Options for managing gravel soil constraints
- Crop rotation in gravel soils
- Coffee van serving free tea and coffee from 8.30am
- Complimentary morning tea and lunch will be provided by Live Local Love Local.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any dietary requirements.
- Please wear enclosed shoes (foot baths will be required before entering paddock)
- As a courtesy to the farm owner, please ensure vehicles that will enter the property are cleaned before attendance.
Mark Fowler’s Property – Yarrabin Farm
Turn right onto Westmere Road (approx. 13.5km north of Williams) and follow signage to Yarrabin Farm.
Please arrive at 9am.