Farmanco ‘in-kind’ Program
As part of a new three-year sponsorship partnership with Farmanco, GGA network members have the opportunity to apply for a portion of an ‘in-kind’ component of the Farmanco sponsorship which GGA has made transferrable to member groups, valued at $17,500 per year for the next three years.
The ‘in kind’ support provided by Farmanco can engage the broad scope of their capabilities, including accessing their staff, expertise or resources, to support GGA or member groups deliver initiatives that provide value to their members.
Groups may have a specific project, event or resource they are delivering and are missing internal capacity that Farmanco could support them with.
The total pool of ‘in-kind’ value available over the three years is $52,500 split into an annual provision of $17,500.
Examples for submissions
Farmanco’s services are extensive, here are just some of the potential capabilities grower groups can access for their project submission:
- Provision of administrative assistance like book keeping or a regular work package of admin
- Financial services coaching such as budget preparation
- Use of Farmanco staff for event logistics support like selecting or booking venues for a field day, catering and producing event promotional materials like flyers
- Desktop publishing of reports such as research findings or an annual report using Farmanco in house staff trained in Indesign graphic design software
- Project advice including economic forecasting, data analysis, proposal process
- Technical expert facilitation/coaching workshops eg. Carbon workshop
- Design of technical resources or tools of value to a group of wider network eg. Trial host costing methodology, carbon emissions calculations
Review the Farmanco website for details of their full capabilities.
Timeline for 2023 submissions
- Applicants must be member of the GGA network
- Proposals must be used toward operations of the group or GGA
- Proposals can benefit the applicant group only
- Proposals or initiatives that can be shared beyond one group with the wider network will be strongly favoured
- Submissions must fall within the Farmanco’s scope of services
- Activity delivery / use of Farmanco services needs to fall after 1 April ’23 but within the next three years of the partnership term ending 30 June 2025.
- Groups can submit co-funded proposals where the group matches some of the Farmanco in-kind to be used.
- Significant submissions can be received to be executed in stages that could span over the full three year opportunity. Eg access $5,000 as a Stage 1 year 2023, access a further $5,000 as a Stage 2 for 2024, access another $5,000 as a Stage 3 for 2025.
- Think big, we encourage groups to submit their grand ideas. Farmanco is looking to develop new sponsorships with individual groups in the GGA network. Your proposal could possibly result in a stand alone Farmanco sponsorship agreement.
Submissions selection panel
The GGA/Farmanco partnership team will review all submissions for the Farmanco ‘in-kind’ program.
Please note, making a submission does not guarantee it will progress to being allocated a portion of the “in-kind” services which may still be fully utilised by GGA for network scale activities where a broader number of stakeholders will benefit.
Left to right – Rikki Foss~GGA CEO, Keith Symondson~Farmanco CEO, Kallista Bolton~GGA SCM, Jo Smallacombe~Farmanco Marketing.
Once submitted, details of your submission will appear in the below gallery.
You will be able to track the number of submissions made from the network as they come in.
If your group has a similar need to an existing proposal and the initiative could be shared with the GGA network as a resource, go ahead and make an independent application but indicate if this is aligned to another groups proposal in the submission form.
Two similar proposals that could be shared with the GGA network and an initiative or resource would be considered high need and high value by the selection panel.